Meet Our Testing Team
The Puffy Mattress is Good for...
- Those looking for an affordable memory foam mattress in the medium-firmness range.
- Those who sleep with a partner and are easily disturbed by movement or noise.
- Those who live in locations with more extreme seasonal weather.
The Tempur-Adapt Mattress is Good for...
- Sleepers who prefer a medium firmness bed that conforms close to the body.
- Side, back, and stomach sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less..
Sleep Position Ratings
Puffy Mattress Sleeper Ratings
The Puffy mattress rates “excellent” in both motion isolation and noise, making it a great choice for couples looking for undisturbed sleep. Based on our testing, sleepers under 230 pounds found it comfortable for all sleeping positions. The Puffy mattress also rates well for temperature neutrality thanks to the top two layers constructed with breathable foam that doesn’t trap too much heat in the mattress.
The Puffy mattress is a conforming mattress, meaning it hugs the body and gives the sleeper a feeling of sleeping in the mattress, rather than on top of the mattress.
Tempur-Pedic Mattress Sleeper Ratings
The TEMPUR-Adapt conforms closely to the body. It has a medium firmness feel. This makes it ideal for side sleepers who weigh 230 pounds or less, since those who use this position often need more conforming for proper spinal alignment. Most back and stomach sleepers in this weight group will find the mattress comfortable, but those who weigh more than 230 pounds are likely to find it too soft and prone to sagging.
The TEMPUR-Adapt is 11 inches thick, making it an attractive pick for those looking for a bed with slightly thicker-than-average height.
Choose the Puffy if...
- You weigh 230 pounds or less.
- You are looking for a memory foam mattress that sleeps cool.
- You like to feeling of a mattress hugging your body.
- You are looking for a mattress that isolates movement.
Choose the Tempur-Adapt Mattress if...
- You prefer a mattresses with medium firmness that conform very closely to your body.
- You sleep on your side, back, stomach, or a combination and weigh 230 pounds or less.
- You and/or your sleep partner awaken easily due to movement or noise.
- You tend to sleep hot.
Technical Details Comparison
Sizing and Pricing
- Twin $599 Puffy $1,699 Tempur-Pedic
- Twin XL $649 Puffy $1,699 Tempur-Pedic
- Full $799 Puffy $2,049 Tempur-Pedic
- Queen $949 Puffy $2,199 Tempur-Pedic
- King $1,149 Puffy $2,899 Tempur-Pedic
- Split King N/A Puffy $3,398 Tempur-Pedic
- Cali King $1,149 Puffy $3,398 Tempur-Pedic
- Split Cali King N/A Puffy $3,398 Tempur-Pedic
Next let’s look at how the Puffy and Tempur-Adapt Mattress models are made. The table below lists firmness, thickness, weight, and composition specs for both beds.
|Firmness||5 (Medium)||5 (Medium)|
|Weight (Queen)||69 lbs.||97 lbs.|
|Support Core Components||6″ 1.5 PCF HD Polyfoam||HD Polyfoam|
|Comfort Layer Components||2″ 2.5 PCF Gel Memory Foam|
2″ Temperature-resistant Polyfoam
|Cover Composition||100% Polyester||Dual-layer SmartClimate Cover|
How Is the Puffy Built?
The Puffy flagship mattress is constructed with three foam layers. The top layer is a non-latex foam with Puffy’s “cooling cloud” technology that promotes ventilation. This helps the mattress breathe and disperse any hot air. Despite memory foam traditionally sleeping warm, the upper layer on the Puffy mattresses sleeps cool for a foam mattress. The center foam layer provides pressure relief on areas like shoulders, hips, and knees, that can suffer on an uncomfortable mattress.
The bottom layer is a firm core support that promotes spinal alignment while sleeping. The Puffy mattress cover is stain resistant. All components of the Puffy are made in the US. The queen-size weighs 69 pounds, fairly lightweight for a memory foam mattress.
How Is the Tempur-Pedic Mattress Built?
The TEMPUR-Adapt has memory foam comfort layers offering a medium firmness. A dual-layer SmartClimate covers allows the bed to sleep cool. The all-foam design has a support core made of high-density polyfoam. The foam support systems help the mattress stay stable and avoid sagging, which can prolong the overall lifespan of the bed.
The TEMPUR-Adapt provides excellent motion isolation and conforms closely to help with aches and pains. Tempur-Pedic foams are considered highly durable compared to the materials found in competing beds. For this reason, the TEMPUR-Adapt has an exceptionally long lifespan when used properly.
The queen sized TEMPUR-Adapt weighs 97 pounds, on the heavier side for an all-foam mattress.
Puffy Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 101 nights
Shipping Puffy ships to all 50 states in the USA.
Warranty Lifetime, non-prorated
Made In USA
Trial Period Details
Puffy offers a 101-night sleep trial for the Puffy mattress.
The Puffy mattress comes with a 101-night sleep trial that begins the day the mattress is delivered. Puffy recommends sleeping on the mattress for a minimum of 14 nights and accepts returns after the initial breaking-in phase until night 101.
To initiate a return, contact Puffy’s support team. The company will arrange for the mattress to be donated to a local or national charity. The original form of payment will be refunded in full once Puffy determines that mattress was returned in good condition.
Puffy offers a lifetime warranty.
Puffy offers a lifetime warranty on their mattresses to the original owner. The warranty states the Puffy mattress qualifies under warranty if it’s used for its intended purposes and on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the mattress and its users.See AlsoPuffy vs. Tempur PedicBeautyrest vs Tempur-Pedic Mattress Comparison 2023 - Which Is Better?Tempurpedic Vs Puffy MattressPuffy vs Tempurpedic Mattress: 2023 Ultimate Comparison
The warranty covers material and workmanship defects including:
- Indentations deeper than one and a half inches that do not result from improper use or inadequate foundational support.
- Any physical flaw that causes the mattress to split or crack beyond normal wear and tear.
If a mattress defect is covered by the warranty, Puffy will replace the mattress with a new mattress. Shipping costs will be covered by Puffy so long as the mattress is found to be defective in accordance to the warranty.
The delivery policy for Puffy mattresses is as follows:
- Puffy mattresses usually ship within one to two business days after placing an order. The mattress typically arrives two to seven days after the order is placed.
- White Glove Delivery is not currently available
How Is the Mattress Shipped?: Compressed, vacuum-sealed, and in a box.
Where Do They Ship?: Puffy ships to all 50 states in the USA.
Delivery Fee:Free in the contiguous US. Shipping to Alaska or Hawaii starts at $150
Old Mattress Removal
Since Puffy coordinates shipping with FedEx and does not offer White Glove delivery, old mattress removal is currently not available.
Puffy Coupons and Discounts
Get $455 worth of free accessories with any mattress purchase.
Tempur-Pedic Sleep Trial, Warranty, and Delivery
Sleep Trial 90 nights
Shipping All 50 U.S. states
Warranty 10 years, non-prorated
Made In USA
Tempur-Pedic offers a 90-night sleep trial for the TEMPUR-Adapt mattress.
Tempur-Pedic gives new mattress owners 90 nights to try the TEMPUR-Adapt mattress. The company recommends sleeping on the mattress for at least 30 nights. Returns are accepted anytime between night 30 and night 90. Owners are responsible for transportation fees associated with the return. The remainder of the mattress cost will be refunded to the owner.
Tempur-Pedic offers a 10-year warranty.
Tempur-Pedic offers a non-prorated 10-year warranty on mattresses. If found defective within this time period, Tempur-Pedic will replace or repair the mattress. The owner is responsible for any shipping or transportation fees. The warranty is only valid to the original mattress owner. The bed must have been used with a proper foundation and used for its intended purpose. The warranty covers manufacturing defects including:
- Sagging or indentations in the sleep surface that measure three-quarters of an inch or deeper.
- Physical flaws that cause mattress materials to split or crack.
- Manufacturing flaws associated with the mattress cover’s zipper
The delivery policy for Tempur-Pedic Mattresses is as follows:
- The Tempur-Pedic mattress ships with white glove delivery. Customers can expect their mattress to arrive one to two weeks after order placement.
- On delivery day, an adult, 18 years or older, must be present to accept the delivery.
- White Glove delivery is provided for free to all mattress orders.
How Is the Mattress Shipped?: Not compressed.
Where Do They Ship?: All 50 states.
Delivery Fee:Tempur-Pedic ships for free in the contiguous United States. Those in Hawaii and Alaska will pay a flat shipping fee of $600.
Old Mattress Removal
If desired, Tempur-Pedic will remove your old mattress and foundation for free.
Tempur-Pedic Coupons and Discounts
Our readers get the best price on The Tempur-Pedic Mattress.